I'm nearing the end of my whirlwind internship tour, circa 2008-09, which is convenient since I am also nearing the bottom of my piggy bank. I nabbed what I consider to be a pretty good deal on priceline.com at a hotel in Baltimore, MD and then check in to find an extra $10 tacked on for a "destination fee." What is a destination fee you ask? Well, apparently it is now acceptable to charge for the use of Internet, a "new" fitness center, and unlimited long distance, whether or not I want it! To be fair, the fee also covers a warm breakfast and an evening reception featuring an open bar and hors d'oevres.
I am here to announce that, three glasses of spiked punch later, the hors d'oevres were nothing to write home about but I will not be paying for dinner tonight.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Getting my money's worth...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment